Do you use Lightscribe CD labelling

sunnypete 15:35 24 Jul 14
Answered

I'm not seeking the technical details, but just wondered whether folks make much use of this labelling process. It does seem to me a lot of trouble and expense just to produce a rather faint monochrome label. Perhaps someone can suggest how I could improve the results I am getting?

BRYNIT 15:48 24 Jul 14

I used lightscribe a couple of times then gave up as it was too much trouble. I could never get the image dark enough to clearly read or see it.

sunnypete 15:53 24 Jul 14

BRYNIT my thoughts too...

carver 18:26 24 Jul 14

Well that's 3 of us who have the same opinion about that bit of technology.

Tried to use it, gave up and went back to marker pen, easier to read and quicker.

mbc 19:13 24 Jul 14

Ditto-but still have loads of CDs.

Menzie 19:27 24 Jul 14

Never actually tried Light scribe, just seemed like a waste of time to me so I stick to a marker pen.

Anyone tried a printer that prints direct to CD/DVD? I've always worried that such a thing would surely scratch the disc on the way through.

carver 19:32 24 Jul 14

Menzie that's another product I tried many moons ago with little success and you don't put them through the printer you have a separate holder for them.

But it's another one of those things that look good but too much effort for so little return.

bumpkin 22:05 24 Jul 14

Got one, tried it, rubbish. Tried a few years ago when it first came out. too complicated to use and not very impressive results unless they have greatly improved things. Not for me.

bumpkin 22:11 24 Jul 14

Better off buying a cheap labeling kit, less aggro and a better looking end result.

bumpkin 22:11 24 Jul 14

Better off buying a cheap labeling kit, less aggro and a better looking end result.

chub_tor 22:26 24 Jul 14

I use printable CDs and DVDs all the time in my Canon printer. Excellent results and very easy. Only use marker pens on trial discs or those I don't intend to keep for long. Never tried LightScribe even though it was available on my laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…