Do you think video games are to blame for the UK riots?

PC Advisor 10:37 15 Aug 11

Everything went a bit crazy last week and some people have pointed the finger at violent video games such as Grand Theft Auto.

Do you think it is fair to blame video games for the riots or is it just a knee-jerk reaction?

Have your say in our poll.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/polls/3296935/do-you-think-video-games-are-to-blame-for-the-uk-riots/

SparkyJack 11:26 15 Aug 11

Blame Computer Games for the behaviour? Pf coursenot, nor Violent Video, or Reading the wrong literatur. The cuase of the trouble is simply parental -or lac there of and culture shift. David Starky has been castigated for voicing the opinion the the White youth are shifting to the Afro Caribbean culture- and when some youngsters are observed then it can be seen to be so, the dress- they way they shuffle along in their hooded sports 'Uniform' It is all to do with rolel models-/

It used to be famous film and sports individuals- now it is 'Rapping' and music from the MBO /

Get a new Role Model for these impressionable youngsters to emulate and things will move back.

A useful activity for the think tanks and spinners me thinks.

lotvic 12:11 15 Aug 11

If it's parents to blame, then some of the 1940's parents were not much of a role model: Teddy Boys (1950's), Mods and Rockers (1960's), the hippies and the skinheads etc.

bremner 12:17 15 Aug 11

Haven't we done this last week Previous Link

lotvic 12:22 15 Aug 11

bremner, yes you are right, I didn't realise this was a 'new' thread (must pay more attention)

This one is apparently for a poll on the subject.

morddwyd 21:13 15 Aug 11

Could we please just have a simple "No"?

I don't play video games and I didn't riot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced