Do you think lightscribe will catch on?

SG Atlantis 23:12 27 Nov 05

Or will it sink?

I got a lightscribe drive with this machine albeit I was looking for this feature but thought cool! I bought some rather expensive disks to try it out and the images suck.

It took over 30 mins to create them and to me it wasn't good. Not impressed at all.

What do you think?

ajm 23:22 27 Nov 05

however, I ended up buying a Canon printer that prints on cdr/dvdr using printable dvd/cds bought for under a tenner for 100. Much cheaper and better

Chegs ®™ 23:40 27 Nov 05

I was wondering what a lightscribe drive was,so I googled it and wasn't overtly impressed.

I would use ajm's system,its cheaper.

If I thought that my present CD writer pens weren't enough for my extremely simple needs. ;-)

click here

SG Atlantis 23:42 27 Nov 05

I have an epson R340 that prints disks, most of the time chegs I use your method :)

I was dissappointed by the philips lightscribe drive I have and wondered what others thought about the technology.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:45 27 Nov 05

There are many printers that can print onto CDs and DVDs. The idea is triple lame.

G

wolfie3000 00:04 28 Nov 05

Iv never heard of lightscribe until i read this thread seems like a good idea will it catch on?

€dstowe 06:43 28 Nov 05

It might catch on when (if) it is:

1. 10 or more times the speed.

2. no more expensive (including disks) than other methods.

3. prints in full colour.

ade.h 14:37 28 Nov 05

It's one of those ideas which must have seemed so clever in the focus group meeting, but has been released to market about two years too soon and really is just a gimmick. if it worked properly, it might have some useful applications.

Arthur Scrimshaw 16:46 28 Nov 05

an external (HP I think) lightscribe DVD rewriter on one of the shopping channels. The guy doing the demo said the lightscribe disks were the same price as ordinary disks!

€dstowe 18:47 28 Nov 05

Cheapest I've seen Lightscribe disks is £0.49 for CDR and £0.60 for DVD-R

That is not "same price as ordinary disks".

Source click here

AndySD 19:09 28 Nov 05

I use them when sending CD's to clients. If you create your images in greyscale they can be very effective.

Will it catch on, probably as it looks mre profesional then a pen or printed lable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…