Do you put your glasses down and forget where you put them?

Aitchbee 22:00 26 Jul 11
Answered

I do....

Aitchbee 22:05 26 Jul 11

most of the time I can park then on my head but sometimes I get silly and put them somewhere safe...then it's find the glasses time...

Strawballs 22:10 26 Jul 11

I don't because I need them all the time but my wife does.

Crosstrainer2 22:24 26 Jul 11

I probably have made my eyesight worse by not wearing them when I should. I wanted varifocals, but due to my vestibule and balance issues was told they would be unsuitable and wound up with bi-vocals instead.

I know where they are, just don't wear them as I should.

Aitchbee 22:41 26 Jul 11

Crosstrainer2 - balance issues - is that with the bank? Strawballs - I'll back you up on that one - when I find my Gregories.

Forum Editor 22:57 26 Jul 11

I'm awarding this thread the prize for pointless topic of the month.

justme 23:04 26 Jul 11

Crosstrainer2.

I have endured the dubious pleasure of Meniere's disease for the last 25 years and nobody has ever even suggested that varifocal glasses were unsuitable for me. I would suggest that you consult another optician to get a second opinion on this.

Just in case you do not know about Meniere's disease it affects the semicircular canals in your ears and leads to very severe dizzy turns. It also affects the sense of balance and hearing.

Varifocal glasses do take a bit of getting used to but even with my upset sense of balance I adapted fairly quickly and now would not be without them.

Crosstrainer2 06:30 27 Jul 11

justme

Thats interesting, I was told that I would be unable to adjust to varifocals, that they would make it hard for me to retain my balance....Can't see why they would have said this unless it were a real issue, they cost a lot more.

Having said that, with this 27" inch monitor I probably wouldn't wear them either....It's not vanity, I just can't seem to get used to glasses at all, and as for putting little bits of plastic in my eyes every morning....Not for me.

daz60 07:14 27 Jul 11

On one or two occasions i have not remembered then placed my hand on my face to realize i am wearing them.What is worse than that though is walking into the shower having forgot to remove my hearing aid.!! Hard to say whether it is best to be blind or deaf.?

Quickbeam 07:25 27 Jul 11

"...prize for pointless topic of the month."

Nothing wrong with healthy competition.

morddwyd 07:32 27 Jul 11

"I'm awarding this thread the prize for pointless topic of the month."

Oh Dear, FE!

There are those of us who might see this as a challenge!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5