Do you play games on your PC?

PC Advisor 10:12 21 Jun 10

Do you play games on your PC? If so, how much time do you spend gaming?

Have your say in the poll on the lefthand side.

David Price 10:21 21 Jun 10

Here's a direct link to the poll:

click here

Bingalau 10:28 21 Jun 10

Yes, I lashed out and bought one of these Wii things and am getting a bit of exercise by playing bowls; archery; fencing etc. I decided to buy this gadget after being introduced to the games side of it in a pub where I thoroughly enjoyed a game of bowls with other reprobates my age. I always thought you played games on a computer sitting down, but with this on my TV I can get some exercise without leaving the house and even without company.

Armchair 10:44 21 Jun 10

Yes, but apart from the King's Bounty games, all my PC games are rather elderly (as is my PC, 2003 vintage + a 2006 GPU). The original 1999 Unreal Tournament is still my favourite PC game. I also make good use of emulators.

Quickbeam 10:51 21 Jun 10

I've dabbled with games but never been taken by them. Playing chess, cards, draughts, monoploly, scrabble, snakes and ladders etc, just in't any fun without a real person playing opposite.

Chasing some evil entity around game bores me within the time it takes to sus out what the controls do... I'm not a gamer at all.

Uboat 10:57 21 Jun 10

Pc's in my view take the edge on gaming! over consoles anyway, consoles cannot be upgrade to the extent like pc's can RAM/motherboard/faster proccessor/graphics so on & on,Ive got a Liquid cooled Dell XPS the 7 series quad extreme & i tell you the pc plays games with better textures/graphics than my ps3/wii & my old Xbox
I have noticed that pc's games are getting HUGE in terms of file size one game i have is 16 gig!.? i remember them been 1 gig...

AL47 12:03 21 Jun 10

yes i do, i wouldnt have a 5850 if i didnt, the only game to test this card is crysis that i have, tho it is one of my favourite games ever,

i dont play so much now as i did, and never really been into the online thing, i play for fun only

Strawballs 12:04 21 Jun 10

Only things like spider and bejeweled nothing more than that

AL47 12:04 21 Jun 10

5850 graphics card to clarify, for a computer to play the latest games well you need to spend alot tho, but the results are better than consoles

Bingalau 12:32 21 Jun 10

Sorry, just realised you are talking about games on a PC. I can't see any point in sitting down playing games. So maybe it would be more fun if some of us got out and played proper games. As soon as my "Roberta Flack" is pain free I shall be off out for a proper game of bowls or a session in the swimming pool, or even a long walk with someone else's dog.
I agree with Quickbeam, playing indoor games needs a live partner opposite and the chance to cheat... just for fun of course.

ella33 13:06 21 Jun 10

I have friends who play scrabble online, I have resisted that because I would never do anything else...sounds fun though. Mine is limited to games that are free on the computer, like Solitaire, the all time great, ot minefield can be fun..once you get into it. Oh and Shaun the Sheep :-) great games there. Anything free and simple like that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac