Do you like our new home?

Forum Editor 18:08 PM 08 Apr 11
Answered

I've been out all day, and missed the launch, so a belated welcome from me. I hope you like the new look.

We are bound to need a couple of tweaks, and it would be good to hear what you think, but perhaps you could let me know via email, rather than starting a thread? Otherwise we'll end up with a batch of threads, and it may get confusing.

It's great to have a new site; I hope you'll enjoy using it, and perhaps join me in thanking the hard-working development team who put it all together - no mean feat with a site of this size and complexity.

birdface 18:35 PM 08 Apr 11

Congratulations to all involved they have done a great job. Looks really good and obviously a lot of work has gone into it. Still a few teething problems though. Just received this when trying to open your thread.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/16/speakers-corner/index.cfm?event=main.Error500

Not sure if it is just my problem or not

Forum Editor 18:40 PM 08 Apr 11

buteman

You're not alone - I've seen a few error pages myself in the past 30 minutes.

This is the web equivalent of a one-off, hand built car, and over the weekend we may see some glitches. I know it can be irritating to get error messages, but over the weekend we'll see some heavy traffic, so please bear with us - we'll get it right, but it may take a few days to settle in.

octal 18:42 PM 08 Apr 11

I wanted to update my profile, but it insists I have to enter a mobile phone number. There is no way I'm doing that as the phone is not mine. I have sent FE an email, but I think this is a serious failing on an otherwise excellent new site.

I'm sure it's just a blip, so well done to all those who have worked on it.

ams4127 18:46 PM 08 Apr 11

Seems fine to me, so far. Easy to read and navigate. I was hoping for an "edit" facility for posts, which I think is long overdue.

Congratulations to all those putting in the hard work. I'll do my best to think of you all this weekend while I sit in the sun with a cold beer, or three!!

Forum Editor 18:48 PM 08 Apr 11

octal

Many thanks, your point is noted. I'll pass it on to the development team on Monday.

JYPX 18:51 PM 08 Apr 11

I like it...........a lot.

octal 18:52 PM 08 Apr 11

Forum Editor

Thank you.

Forum Editor 18:53 PM 08 Apr 11

ams4127

Thank you - enjoy the sun and the beer.

finerty 18:58 PM 08 Apr 11

Wow FE took me by surprise, Looks great, i did have a couple errors earlier, now its working great.

I may need a little time to get use to this new home page but looks absolutely Fab.

Forum Editor 19:03 PM 08 Apr 11

finerty

Thank you.

Anything new feels a little strange at first, and you won't be the only one who will need a while to find your bearings. The only real way to test something like this is by subjecting it to scrutiny by the people who are going to use it - people like you.

Let's see how it performs over the weekend. Glad you like the look.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…