Do You Have a Safe Chest?

laurie53 16:01 26 Aug 07

Small chested police must wear hi vis trousers.

We've had some nonsense stories on this forum, but this latest takes the biscuit

click here

wiz-king 16:23 26 Aug 07

Think of the ribbing there's going to be if it's a young man that has to wear the trews!

techie4me 17:14 26 Aug 07

Hi-Visibility clothing on most 'A' Roads, Dual carriageways & all Motorways is mandatory with most Police forces in England already.

spuds 17:41 26 Aug 07

I blame it all on the fact that rules and regulations were changed a number of years ago. Safety is paramount in any police force, but you will always get the few who think they are being 'inconvenienced' more than others.

I only just realised that our local police force were issuing mens trousers to women, that is all changing, and the women are having their own designed trousers :O)

Forum Editor 17:52 26 Aug 07

if Police Officers weren't highly visible, and started being killed as they tried to do their jobs on the roads.

I'm all for a bit of over-compensation where vulnerable peoples' personal safety is involved. The Northern Constabulary's ruling may be a tad unfortunate in its wording, but I'm sure it will be interpreted with a degree of sensitivity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…