Do you have a blown headlight?

WhiteTruckMan 00:24 15 Feb 07

Well don't be a tightass! Go and buy another bulb. I'm sick of seeing-usually just in time-cars with one headlight im my mirror just as I'm about to overtake something on the motorway.

Turning on your front foglamps is NOT an acceptable alternative, and it DOESN'T make it allright to use the main beam on the one remaining one.

I remember the good old days when the police would actually stop you for something like this. Judging by the numbers I see now, its obviously a thing of the past.

Oh, and when was the last time you checked your brake lights either?

(rant mode to standby)

WTM

Jak_1 00:42 15 Feb 07

One of my gripes to WTM, that and those who sit at traffic lights with their foot on the brake causing your vision (at night) to be disturbed by over bright brake lights.

STREETWORK 07:04 15 Feb 07

How about those people who need to show you that they have fog lights when its not foggy? They should have their fog lights castrated.

Thats my gripe of the day, hmmm feeling better...

BT 08:29 15 Feb 07

I recently failed my MOT because the Offside rear and side repeater indicator bulbs were in the opinion of the tester 'faded'. This was a purely visual assessment on his part and cost me £10 for new ones. These are the orange coloured bulbs not clear ones behind a coloured lens and on my car are particularly difficult to access involving stripping out most of the boot lining to get at the fixings for the rear light cluster. While this assesment relies on a visual check which could be influenced by ambient light conditions it is a good way for garages to make a few extra quid. If the colour of the lamps is a Fail item it should be checked with a colourimeter not by eye.

georgemac © 08:45 15 Feb 07

well up our way the police seem to be pretty nifty at stopping you and fining you if you have a light out

I check mine frequently, and you have a good point, it would probably be worthwhile to keep one of those spare bulb kits you get in the car

Diemmess 09:24 15 Feb 07

I think it is illegal to use fog lights where visibility is > 100 metres.

laurie53 11:00 15 Feb 07

So far as the brake lights are concerned, if you drive an automatic it is the recommended and safest procedure to stay with your foot on the brake at short traffic halts, rather than select Park, and apply the handbrake.

Laurie

realist 11:53 15 Feb 07

And, what about those who drive in semi-darkness with no lights on at all, like they're saving the planet or something....

wiz-king 12:30 15 Feb 07

And, what about those who think that hazard light give you permission to park anywhere at any time.

It cant be beyond car manufacturers to put a warning light on the dashboard to tell you that a bulb is not working -- oops that ones blown as well!

Pamy 12:54 15 Feb 07

I notice a lot of the expensive cars do not have indicators

Bingalau 14:25 15 Feb 07

When you consider it's not hard to check your own lights/indicators etc., in front of shop windows. It just proves that a lot of people can't be bothered. It is easy to mistake whether the vehicle coming towards you is a motor bike or a car with it's offside light out of action. Small faults like that can cause a big accident and loss of life. I was also under the impression that the police can pull you over for minor faults like that and check the rest of the vehicle for faults, including the driver with the dreaded breathalyser. ..Bingalau..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…