Do MP's think the voting public are all stupid ?

Dragon_Heart 12 Jul 12
Answered

Whenever I see a news headline about a 'leaked ministerial memo' or MP's start making a big fuss about something like the inter bank interest rate fixing I always check the smaller news items for the 'real' news.

For example Nick Boles MP suggestions earlier this week regarding cutting winter fuel allowances, free bus passes and TV licences to over 75's. As reported in the Independent :-

“ The idea that the elderly should be the next group to share the pain of public spending cuts was raised by the Tory MP Nick Boles, a close ally of Mr Cameron, who it is thought may have been acting as an outrider for the Prime Minister, raising the idea to test the reaction. “

I think this 'out-riding' is done a great deal by all parties.

Some may say the Conservatives are doing a good job in a bad situation but I feel they are to blame like all the rest both past and present. Come 2015 things will start to change as the hard line approach is eased off ready for the next election.

The average UK wage for a male is about £31k with £24k for a female. How many of the forum members get that or above ?

There is money in the UK the only trouble is many do not get the chance to earn it.

I suggest to all MP's lets stop all this smoke screen and get on with the job in hand.

Kev.Ifty 12 Jul 12

Hey up Dragon_Heart PCA ain't a political form so don't expect a reply mate. Her Majesty's Government gave a tax cut to top earners of 5% so crack on with your banter.

lotvic 12 Jul 12

Do MP's think the voting public are all stupid ?

Yes, I believe they do think that.

Condom 12 Jul 12

This is the big problem with a mainly 2 party political set up. I don't think it is so much they think we are stupid but that they know we have few alternatives.

namtas 12 Jul 12

Not so much stupid, but as we let them get away so much without complaint yes I do believe they think they can do as they like.

QuizMan 12 Jul 12
Answer

It seems that most leaked "ministerial memos" are deliberate kite-flying to test the wind before making it official government policy.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message