DIY Linux Firewalls

Indigo 1 17:18 27 May 05

Just thought I'd share this with you click here

There have been a few threads in the past months regarding recycling of old PC's and this seems to be an ideal solution for some of them.

Any thoughts yes anyone even Gandalf ?

smokingbeagle 18:17 27 May 05
  Indigo 1 18:42 27 May 05

Your right that is interesting.

Cheers

Any more ?

octal 22:37 27 May 05

For a small company network it would work, but for the home user why not dual boot with Linux which can be used for the Internet and emails and keep Windows for all the other tasks, it seems a waste of a perfectly good Linux distro to banish it to a separate machine, never to be seen again.

Still, I would say that being a Linux fan :-)

LastChip 23:15 27 May 05

Or rather, lack of it.... click here

Indigo 1 11:21 28 May 05

The point I was trying to make was that is would be a good use of that old spare PC that most people have knocking around but no longer use. It would add a very good level of defense for the home user network aswell as small company networks, and it would be intersting to build your own dedicated Firewall (or router).

I will be trying it soon so expect to see me post lots of qquestions in the Helproom on setting up and using it :o)

smokingbeagle 10:03 29 May 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…