discusson forum

Helenasks 18:40 08 Sep 06

Okay okay please help... I've been sent a message which apparently was sent through the discussion forum. I was to reply to the chap's query but without disclosing my email addie. Can't find the Disscussion Forum??? How do i do that?

Cheers

Jackcoms 19:00 08 Sep 06

Which Discussion Forum?

At which website?

This website doesn't have a "Discussion" Forum as such.

anskyber 19:19 08 Sep 06

If it came from here (was it this site?) the e-mail will refer to the thread which originated the e-mail. In other words you could reply through the thread. (assuming it is the sort of issue you are comfortable about dealing with in public)

Forum Editor 19:35 08 Sep 06

from our forum he/she will not know your email address unless you reply via email. If you do that you'll disclose your address of course.

as anskyber says, if an email was sent to you from one of our threads - using the small envelope that apears next to your username each time you post - there'll be a hyperlink to the thread in question on the email you received. Click on that to go to the thread.

In general terms we don't encourage forum members to contact each other in this way unless invited to do so, or unless there's something to say that might not be for general consumption. That can happen if one forum member offers to send someone a CD for instance, and needs a postal address.

Helenasks 20:04 08 Sep 06

This is what was in the body of the email - ?????@.co.uk sent you the following message from the pcadvisor.co.uk discussion board.

Guess it must've been the envelope.

Cheers

wee eddie 20:40 08 Sep 06

Helenasks - A short while ago there appeared someone who posted many inappropriate links, rude comments and assorted other goodies on the various Forums for a short period.

At the time, FE was flying back from one of his overseas assignments and most of the damage was dealt with by his confederates. FE then sorted out the remainder of the mess later that day.

It is quite possible that what you got was something that missed the clear-up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5