Direct Microsoft XP SP2 link found

ajm 11:06 10 Aug 04

click here

click here

The page says : "This installation package is intended for IT professionals and developers downloading and installing on multiple computers on a network. If you're updating just one computer, please visit click here."

What is the difference between the standalon version and networked version. Someone told me that the network version is the same as the one for individual computers, except for the fact that the newtork version can be downloaded as a WHOLE UPDATE , and individual versions can be done through windowsupdate. True?

spuds 11:10 10 Aug 04

Plus its about an 11 hour download on 56k :o)

ventanas 12:49 10 Aug 04

That's what I'd like to know. I'm stuck on dialup at home and there is no way I can use automatic update to get this.

I have just downloaded the whole thing here at work. Took 15 minutes. As said, I just need to know if I can use this at home. Hopefully it will pick the bits that are needed. Going to put it on a CD anyway.

ajm 12:52 10 Aug 04

Have just downloaded the above and installed it on my home system running XP Pro. No problems at all whatsoever.

See click here

ventanas 13:50 10 Aug 04

Great, thanks for that info. I have copied it to CD, so will take it home tonight and maybe take a deep breath or two.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…