Did you watch the new Top Gear ?

Belatucadrus 11:48 30 May 16
Answered

Not so long ago we had a rather extended thread asking if forum members were going to watch the resurrected top gear. Well after the transmission of the first episode what were your thoughts ?

I thought Matt LeBlanc and Sabine came over pretty well. Chris Evans on the other hand, I tried to watch with an open mind and thought he was OK in the Viper. However when it got to the studio stuff and the mild but pointlessly tweaked star in a car, which you would expect to be his strong point I found him as dull as ditch water. I ended up watching a program on Yetis.

bremner 11:54 30 May 16

THERE WAS ONE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH THE SHOW AND THAT WAS EVANS AND IN PARTICULAR THE WAY THAT HE SPOKE THROUGHOUT THE PROGRAMME.

It will have to improve greatly if it is to maintain the success it previously had.

john bunyan 16:03 30 May 16

Had a quick look. Don't like Evans or idiots who deliberately spin tyres etc. Also most cars are way above most budgets. Shan't bother to watch it.

Old Deuteronomy 16:56 30 May 16

Recorded it but, not watched it yet. Will reserve judgement.

Forum Editor 19:55 30 May 16

I was never a fan of the previous incarnation of the show, but I watched last night to see what it was going to be like.

I thought it was pretty dire. A wonderful opportunity to come up with something innovative has been wasted. I shall not be watching again.

OTT_B 20:11 30 May 16

Watched it and overall thought it was a poor effort and cringe worthy in places. Hopefully it will settle down into a better rhythm in the future. If it doesn't then ratings will fall by one more person.....

On the plus side, I quite liked the new format of a star in a rally-cross car

Belatucadrus 20:47 30 May 16

A wonderful opportunity to come up with something innovative has been wasted

I have to agree, I was of the opinion that the last few series Top Gear had become stuck in a rut, it was either absurd or ad nauseam repeats on a theme. New blood and ideas were needed, now I understand why they're afraid of trying anything new for a conservative audience, but what amendments they've made have been pretty perfunctory and hardly worth the effort.

LastChip 21:31 30 May 16

I rarely watched the previous lot and took a look at the new lot on the basis it may have been better.

I probably wont bother again unless I really have nothing better to do.

Frankly, it was rubbish of the highest order.

Quickbeam 22:09 30 May 16

Hmmmmm, two years of hype for the same...

Quickbeam 22:12 30 May 16

Y be honest I thought that it's been stale for a few years and needed a complete reformat. The star in a crappy car I never liked, but it was a useful timeslot to make a brew without missing anything.

Belatucadrus 00:18 31 May 16

Having watched Top Gear Extra off BBC3, it thought it was a bit rough around the edges but managed to be interesting in the way its parent program wasn't, also at only half an hour it didn't outstay its welcome. Promising I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…