Did you watch Doctor Who last night?

fourm member 08:16 AM 05 May 13

Flak999 thought a thread about UKIP might be interesting so I decided to start one.

Quickbeam 08:26 AM 05 May 13

There's a fine line between cynicism, sarcasm and humour. This is way too subtle for me to tell which, maybe I needed to have seen last night's Dr Who...

john bunyan 08:30 AM 05 May 13

I once watched Dr Who over 4o years ago, with a daughter. Do they still have Daleks and a Police box? Do adults watch it?

Quickbeam 08:33 AM 05 May 13

They do still have Daleks and a travelling police box. And today's Dr Who is aimed at adults.

Mr Mistoffelees 08:35 AM 05 May 13

A cryptic thread if ever there was one.

morddwyd 08:40 AM 05 May 13

No.

Quickbeam 08:43 AM 05 May 13

No, you didn't watch Dr Who. Or no, your not biting fm's the bait?

spider9 08:44 AM 05 May 13

Perhaps fourm member may be implying, by comparison, that UKIP may achieve the popularity that Dr Who already has, and then we wouldn't need a Tory party at all.

Nontek 08:47 AM 05 May 13

I have never watched Dr Who.

Quickbeam 09:09 AM 05 May 13

There's no confusion with Nontek's reply.

fourm member 09:11 AM 05 May 13

OK. If you're planning to watch it on iPlayer later, look away now.

Diana Rigg played a lunatic who persuaded the gullible that, if they entered her enclosed community cut off from the rest of the world, they would live in prosperity and happiness and be spared the coming apocalypse.

What the doctor's companions found was that the factories supposed to drive this economic miracle were empty save for loudspeakers playing the noise of busy machines.

And, of course, far from living happily ever after, the residents realised too late that they were being sacrificed to satisfy the desires of the villain.

I can't say if Mark Gattis wrote it with Farage in mind or if it was just a happy coincidence but it was such a relief from all the guff spewing from every news outlet I don't care.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…