Did you feel anything?

peter99co 20:40 23 Nov 09

click here

Engineers working on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) have smashed together proton beams for the first time.

Quickbeam 20:42 23 Nov 09

The earth didn't move for me m8;)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:46 23 Nov 09

No black hole produced then for us to fall into as the press foretold last year.

:0)

morddwyd 21:14 23 Nov 09

It's a bit like when you blow a dam.

The shock wave weakens it but it takes a while for natural forces to amplify the shock and crack the dam.

The shock wave is now gradually spreading and amplifying, and the world will probably end around 3.30 on 28th.

PalaeoBill 21:15 23 Nov 09

I love the idea of France disappearing up its own backside; not so keen on us following it a fraction of a second later though. :-)

amonra 21:58 23 Nov 09

morddwyd
Sorry, the shockwave oscillations will get damped as they enter Wales by this incessent rain we are having. I think you should revise the Armagedon time and date !!!!

onionskin 00:51 24 Nov 09

Last time they fired it up, it caused a global recession and I got toothache. Some things are best not messed with.

Condom 01:23 24 Nov 09

Most people probably think its a pain in the derier pardon the French. The spelling I mean.

wolfie3000 01:33 24 Nov 09

Interesting stuff, I will be keeping my eye on this in the coming months.

The LHC always reminds me of the joke Bill Bailey told about how the engineers at the LHC got bored one day so instead of firing proton beams around the LHC they fired a Satsuma and a Maltezer around it and created the first Satseezer.

morddwyd 07:50 24 Nov 09

I did`say "around" 3.30, and I did not specify am or pm!

jack 09:01 24 Nov 09

How did you arrive at that conclusion?
Is it written somewhere or is it some arcane [Nostrodamus like] prediction of your own invention?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…