Did anyone see last night's meteor?

Forum Editor 10:43 AM 22 Sep 12
Answered

Apparently there was a fairly spectacular show - thought to be either a satellite breaking up, or a fairly large chunk of rock from space entering our atmosphere.

There were lots of sightings but I missed it.

Aitchbee 10:57 AM 22 Sep 12

I was standing at a bus stop last night about 9pm in Glasgow and had a look at the heavens (while stretching my neck muscles)...it was only partially cloudy but many stars were visible...I did not see the spectacular display, unfortunately.

Condom 12:57 PM 22 Sep 12

I was looking up most of last night but the only thing I saw was the ceiling I was trying to paint white and wishing I had bought one of these emulsions which are bluish when you put them on so you can see where you have been.

Bing.alau 16:00 PM 22 Sep 12

Condom. I know exactly what you mean. I've just spotted a patch on my bedroom ceiling which I missed for the same reason. Now in a different light it sticks out like a sore thumb.

As for the heavenly firework display I was asleep by then I think. The best natural firework display I have seen was from the window of a plane when I was en route from Singapore to the UK many years ago. Very spectacular and I was glad we were not in the middle of it. The pilot assured us we were not going anywhere near it. Thank God.

Al94 00:28 AM 23 Sep 12

Saw a spectacular display around 11pm, thought initially it was fireworks then realised it was something different. We were at a friends house having a few post meal drinks in their conservatory at the time.

sunnystaines 10:11 AM 23 Sep 12
Answer

saw it on tv reminded me of the spaceshuttle disaster looked very similar.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…