Did anybody else watch the golf?

Bingalau 17:57 04 Oct 10

Or was it just me? I'm quite surprised that there has been no mention of the Ryder Cup and the nailbiting finish to it. A thoroughly enjoyable time spent watching it.

birdface 18:10 04 Oct 10

Unfortunately not everyone could see it as it was on pay TV.
Pathetic a big game like that and you can't watch it on TV.
If BBC stop paying rediculas wages to some of their staff maybe we could all watch it.

onthelimit 18:18 04 Oct 10

Sadly, so much is now. I still refuse to fork out a fortune for dozens of channels of garbage just to watch the odd sporting prog which interests me.

onthelimit 18:20 04 Oct 10

I do agree with you re golf - I'd rather paint the garage door and sit and watch it dry. However, each to his own.

Forum Editor 18:21 04 Oct 10

but I heard a lot of cheering on my car radio, and assumed it was good news. I'm not a golfer, but I quite like watching it on TV. It's a shame that this major sporting event is denied to free-to-air viewers, but I suppose that's (commercial)life.

brindly 18:57 04 Oct 10

We get wall to wall coverage of soccer (boring)with program changes to accomodate it. Tennis, we usualy only have one British (Scotish) player.Rugby inter nations yet when it comes to the Ryder Cup the BBC doesn't show it they let Sky walk all over them. I consider BBC coverage of golf to be far superior, more entertaining and informative, plus no commercials.I saw on the news the result and how it was a nail biting finish and will have to watch the highlights. Thanks BBC just carry on showing banal celebrity shows.

961 19:05 04 Oct 10

If the BBC spent less on costly trailers (5 year contract at £40million?), pen pushing management, re-location adventures to Manchester and Glasgow (£300million +) and useless "highlights" programmes screened hours after we all know the result they could well afford to bring some live sport back to free to air

Al94 19:19 04 Oct 10

Yes it was entertaining and congratulations to Graeme McDowell and the Europe team.

I just wish the comentators would pronounce his name correctly - the dow in McDowell should rhyme with dough, not the americanised version generally used!

Snec 20:02 04 Oct 10

As it is not on freeview this is the first time I have missed it. I guess I'm going to have to pay shortly since I am missing out on quite a few things now.

morddwyd 20:13 04 Oct 10

"I consider BBC coverage of golf to be far superior, more entertaining and informative,"

Unlike their coverage of motor cycling which is banal, patronising and contains far too many talking heads rather tha action!

Bingalau 22:24 04 Oct 10

Not many of us saw it live then? Take it from me it was very well organised and a very good sporting event. Even the Yanks behaved themselves, mind you they mightn't have done so if they had won. Remember them dancing all over the green before the European player had finished a few years ago, when they realised that they had won.

But this time the behaviour of all the players and the spectators was first class. Let's hope we can play even better next time in the USA and bring it back here again.

Oh yes I don't think there is any drug taking in this sport. It is nothing like cricket either, even though it would be easy to throw a match to please the bookies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017