Despicable acts by some holidaymakers on Newquay beach

TopCat® 13:35 09 Aug 13
Answered

My faith in human nature suffered another severe blow when I read this shocking story today. What on earth compelled these people to react so badly to this unfortunate and, let's face it, unnecessary incident?

I fervently hope that the disabled children's surfing school truck and stolen equipment can be recovered or replaced quickly. They must be totally devastated by its loss. TC.

bumpkin 14:04 09 Aug 13

Thieves rarely care who they are stealing from.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:15 09 Aug 13

The people who prevented the Land Rover from being moved, after it became stuck, should be very ashamed of themselves but, presumably, they are too stupid for that.

Forum Editor 16:22 11 Aug 13

Some aspects of some peoples' nature are unfathomable.

Aitchbee 18:09 11 Aug 13

FE - your last post reminds me of what my GP said to me [ and I have never forgotten her affirmation ]

Trust nobody.

bumpkin 18:39 11 Aug 13

"The people who prevented the Land Rover from being moved, after it became stuck, should be very ashamed of themselves but, presumably, they are too stupid for that"

Stupid and very fortunate I was not driving it.

Aitchbee 19:47 11 Aug 13

As TC pointed out, it was an " unnecessary incident."

The people in charge of the vehicle & trailer are the only ones to whom blame should be apportioned.

bumpkin 21:08 11 Aug 13

"The people in charge of the vehicle & trailer are the only ones to whom blame should be apportioned"

I agree, drive the thing out of the sea at a sensible speed and people will get out of the way unless they are suicide cases. I know what I would do.

Woolwell 21:40 11 Aug 13

Aitchbee and bunpkin did either of you read the first link? The Land Rover became stuck and couldn't use the winch or other boards because of the danger to the people around it. How is the theft of the equipment the fault of the people in charge of the vehicle? That is down to the greed of the thieves/looters.

Aitchbee 21:45 11 Aug 13

Woolwell - sandy beeches are not a good spot to park any heavy vehicle[s] - I would have thought that was obvious to anybody who had a grain of sense.

Woolwell 21:58 11 Aug 13

Surfing is done from beaches. The Land Rover was equipped to be parked on the beach.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…