The Demise of XP SP2 Forum

Brian-336451 16:35 23 Dec 04

Can I just offer my thanks for the setting up and the running of the SP2 Forum.

Not only did it help thousands of people, it allowed all of us that were interested to learn a lot of background information. Many 'lively' discussions were spawned from it too.

The Forum was the result of a pro active site and acted out the wishes of many magazine and Forum subscribers.

Thank You.

Diodorus Siculus 16:57 23 Dec 04

True enough.

Teaboy 17:13 23 Dec 04

ditto-whole hearted agreement. Well done FE

Valvegrid 17:34 23 Dec 04

I never even noticed it had gone :-)

Jackcoms 18:48 23 Dec 04

Teaboy

"XP2 Forum demise"

Is this another new operating system from MS?

Dan the Confused 19:47 23 Dec 04

Wouldn't it be possible to change it to another forum with a different subject? Eg, digital cameras, computer art etc. Perhaps change it every 6 months or so to another theme. Just a thought.

bremner 19:52 23 Dec 04

I think I recall it was recently said there will be a new forum on networking both wired and wifi replacing the SP2 one.

Sethhaniel 19:54 23 Dec 04

Making Way for Longhorn ;0

CurlyWhirly 20:03 23 Dec 04

I also didn't even know it had gone!
This was until I clicked on the link and was taken to the 'My postings' page!

The 'XP SP2 forum' link is still displayed though I expect it will disappear after Xmas when everything is back to normal after the mad rush! lol

Forum Editor 23:34 23 Dec 04

because it appeared to have reached the end of its useful life. The plan is to replace it with a new forum dealing primarily with wireless networks, although we'll be happy to try and help with anything network-related.

We'll get the new forum online as soon as we can - things are pretty busy right now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…