Demise of the bookmark

csqwared 20:27 10 May 08

I've been subscribing to PCA for a while now and it's always had an extra flap on the inside of the front cover, extremely useful I found for use as a bookmark. You could nicely tuck it into the place you were at and it didn't fall out like regular bookmarks, but, if the July issue is anything to go by, it has been consigned to that great waste paper bin in the sky. Extremely sad now :-(((

C'mon PCA, it can't cost that much.....can it??

Forum Editor 20:53 10 May 08

I hadn't noticed, and I have no idea why the flap has gone.

I'll try to find out after the weekend, and let you know - unless someone comes up with the answer in the meantime.

Coffee Adict 20:56 10 May 08

Shortage of flaps

Sorry its the heat.
I'd get my coat but its too hot.

peg 21:08 10 May 08

I think there is a industrial dispute a the flap factory.
I found it a little annoying when you got towards the back of the mag it just would not stay in place.
Eureka.
DVD or CD edition, flap or flapless edition

TopCat® 22:22 10 May 08

of issue 156 than normal, so maybe they preferred to see that type of presentation for the price asked. TC.

laurie53 08:46 11 May 08

Agree with TC.

It surely depends on if the advertising manager can find someone who wants to pay for this position.

Quickbeam 10:32 11 May 08

now there's a flap on at PCA...

Legolas 15:24 11 May 08

Or not as the case may be

Colin 16:15 11 May 08

Is that what it was? I thought it was when the printers hadn't cut the page properly. Ignorance is bliss!

interzone55 20:17 11 May 08

You know what I do?

I tear the subscription advert postcard into several strips and then when I flip through the magazine I place them in the pages I want to read fully.

Seeing as there's usually 2 or 3 of these cards in my subscription copy (why???) I rarely run out of page markers...

Production Ed 15:39 12 May 08

TopCat and laurie53 are correct - whether we have a flap or 'gatefold' (as we call them in the trade) depends on what the advertisers want. The gatefold has been a popular advertising position for a while and it may make a return in the future.

Train tickets make good bookmarks.

David Price
PCA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple