Delivery of New Car to Dealer

morddwyd 20:06 09 Jun 15

I've got a new car on order and I've just been told that it has left Vigo and is en route to Zeebrugge which will take about two weeks by train and transporter.

This surprises me a bit. I thought all such movements were made by sea these days?

bumpkin 20:44 09 Jun 15

I thought Bentley's were still made in UK.

Belatucadrus 23:42 09 Jun 15

I thought Bentley's were still made in UK.

Assembled, engines and many components come from Germany and some of the Flying Spurs were made in Dresden. Vigo I think means likely a Peugeot or Citroen.

OTT_B 09:35 10 Jun 15

It's a bit surprising that so close to the coast that they're not shipping by sea, but that may be because of shipping contracts at Zebrugge.

Guessing you've gone for a C4?

onthelimit1 11:23 10 Jun 15

Personally, would never buy a brand new car with the high depreciation in the first year. I've always bought low mileage 1 yr old - saved a fortune and never had a problem.

BT 12:57 10 Jun 15

I've always bought low mileage 1 yr old - saved a fortune...

Same here. Current car (Nissan Note) was Dealers demo model. Less than a year old very low mileage and about £6000 LESS than the new price. Had it nearly 6 years now and except for Servicing & MOT, no expensive problems apart from a broken spring last year.

Belatucadrus 14:24 10 Jun 15

Look for dealer pre registered cars, mine had been registered for a month had eight miles on the clock and the discount took care of the depreciation and then some.

Pine Man 16:40 10 Jun 15

Well I buck the trend by the look of it.

I buy a new car every two years and have done so for the last twenty years. I look on it as public service........

......if people like me didn't buy new cars there would be no second hand ones - simples!!

(Why won't this bloody site remember my password?? Every time I try and post something I have to log in again & again & again. Grrrrr!! )

flycatcher1 19:55 10 Jun 15

I am with you Pine Man. I just like to have a new car, bought the last one ten years ago. Rotten battery failed after seven, thats all. Going UP in the world, morddwyd ? I seem to remember you went VW a time back - it is top of my list if I ever make a change.

Forum Editor 20:07 10 Jun 15

"Why won't this xxxxx site remember my password??"

It remembers mine. Presumably you have ticked the 'Remember me' box? Don't forget that if you use CCleaner, or something like it our cookie will be deleted, and you'll have to login again because of that.

morddwyd 20:07 10 Jun 15

"Guessing you've gone for a C4?"

Yes, C4 Picasso.

I've had two Grand Picassos, mainly for the flat cargo space (two wheelchairs) and was well satisfied, and now I only need the one power chair I am downsizing a bit!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…