Deleting embarrasing posts

geoff47 01:58 22 May 05

I have to admit to have made some embarrassing posts.
Posts that in the early hours of the morning,when the mind begins to cloud over and the solution is beyond my grasp,it seems so easy to ask here for a fix it all solution.
I would be grateful if there could be a method of deleting these.....what only can be called hasty requests for help.
Am I the only one who feels this way?

p;3 03:53 22 May 05

just let F.E. know and he will deal with it for you; via Contact the Forum Editor tab at top left of thread:)

Diemmess 09:52 22 May 05

Unless it is a potentially serious mistake or an accidental breach of security, let it ride, it is soon buried.

Ordinary gaffes can be quite amusing for others on this site where all but a very tiny minority genuinely want to help or learn from what is posted.

F.E. will give help rapidly if it is serious, but don't give him still more to do unless it is.

Pesala 11:32 22 May 05

This guy could easily have got upset, but he kept smiling to the end: click here

Forum Editor 11:33 22 May 05

and I wouldn't worry unduly.

As the others have said, I'll delete the cause of your embarrassment if it's a real beauty, otherwise just let it ride. You'll suffer nothing worse than a touch of good-natured leg-pulling, and soon the memory (like the thread)will fade.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:52 22 May 05

Worrying about an 'embarrassing' post , made on a virtual forum, read by people who I have never met, comes 20 levels below 'is dawn going to break next Thursday', in my list of life's worries.

CurlyWhirly 12:39 22 May 05

Thanks for the link, I found the thread hilarious and was surprised that the poster didn't take offence.
He certainly DOES have a sense of humour that's for sure!

geoff47 12:56 22 May 05

Perhaps embarrasing is too strong a word Gandalf,at least to the degree you put it.

To be honest the "featured" star post knocks any of mine into a cocked hat,but while saying that I think he knew a little more about PCs than I do.Notice how I am spacing nicely.

None of mine are that cringe making,just a little naive,think I will let them get buried as suggested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…