Deck of cards.

spikeychris 20:38 26 Jul 04

Reliance. Some of you will be aware that Google went down for a while, not a big thing as theres a shed load more search engines but how many of you use the Google tool-bar? All of a sudden pop ups appear, (makes you wonder if it was the ad men who knobled Google:)

You uninstall a prog and a window appears stating that the prog (.DLL) you are about to remove MIGHT be being used by something else. What to do? Best to leave it as its a tiny file but it shows the reliance of computer programs.

You download a new prog but it needs the latest version of DirectX to work correctly, you want to run blue tooth but you need SP1.

There was a time when keeping up with the Jones's was a social and optional thing, just buy the latest prog and newest operating system and off you go. Not quite that simple now.

fuzzyone 21:09 26 Jul 04

spikeychris,

I'm sure that there can't be many company's, who, quite deliberately, and in tandem with other manufacturers, produce a new range of products, all of which, require a new standard of (mostly expensive) hardware or software.

Surely they wouldn't stoop to that type of thing would they?.

kspatto 22:46 26 Jul 04

cant see why the PC mags cant carry a disc with service pack 2 on I for one would appreciate it come in handy next time I reinstalled xp I can tell you(did manage to get sp1 from microsoft but needed a net passport for that )

zootmo 16:58 28 Jul 04

for future ref maybe click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac