Death knell for IE?

bremner 20:48 16 Jan 10

click here

Is this OTT or will other governments follow suit and can MS restore confidence in their browser?

OTT_B 21:57 16 Jan 10

Nope. Nothing to do with me.

Graham. 23:53 16 Jan 10

click here

Not much interest shown.

morddwyd 09:26 17 Jan 10

The suspicion is that this hacking was carried out at a high level using vast resources unavailable to the average hacking low life.

IE is always having reported security problems.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:32 17 Jan 10

None of you are spooks nor do any of you have vital/sensitive info on your computers. The chances of someone hacking into a home computer are less than nil. As Military computers seem to get hacked regularly, I would worry too much about flaws in IE that only experts from GCHQ could exploit.
Total non-story trying to make home users appear much more important than they really are.

Kevscar1 10:36 17 Jan 10

Damn you mean I'm not important.

Forum Editor 12:51 17 Jan 10

No doubt you form part of the vast eternal plan, but as far as this story is concerned no, you're not important.

morddwyd 18:02 17 Jan 10

"None of you are spooks"

Speak for yourself; anyway, the correct term is "company men"!

Joseph Kerr 18:23 17 Jan 10

its making people sound more at risk thats the problem. Certain parties involved in that article should know better.

kidsis 15:30 18 Jan 10

add to all this the fact that certain people, on seeing these articles in the press, think it is their duty to e mail the information to everyone in their address book (including me)! I wonder if there are any stats relating to increased number of e mails after these stories appear?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…