Dave Miliband quits frontline politics

TopCat® 17:52 29 Sep 10

As expected he will not serve in the shadow cabinet. TC. click here

Forum Editor 17:55 29 Sep 10

Now we'll be spared the frenzied media speculation of the past few days. With luck we won't hear much of his brother, either.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:12 29 Sep 10

'He said his brother needed a "clean field" as he embarks on his leadership and "the freedom and space to drive the party forward in the way he sees fit without any distractions'...yes and I'm Tatiana, Queen of the piggin' fairies.

G

jakimo 18:21 29 Sep 10

Can you blame him!

john bunyan 18:58 29 Sep 10

David Cameron and the Tories must be so pleased with the Labour leadership elections and recent dissention in Liberal ranks. I bet they are kicking themselves they have promised a fixed term.Ed Balls and Ed Milliband are so out of touch on the cuts issue that it is no wonder David M is staying on the back benches (or will he cross the floor?)

egapup 19:00 29 Sep 10

Cant see Edward improving Labours chances, quite the reverse.

morddwyd 19:58 29 Sep 10

And who came out the better following the various speeches on the evening bulletins?

I think Labour have got the leader they deserved, God help them.

The unions might swing the leadership vote, but they won't be able to do the same at a general election.

I predict that Ed will lead them to a massive defeat, will be forced out, and David will be welcomed back with open arms.

Joseph Kerr 20:51 29 Sep 10

So what do you really think he meant, Gandalf?

zzzz999 03:34 30 Sep 10

David Milliband has sent his best wishes to his brother Ed on winning the Labour leadership contest.

As yet there has been no word from the third brother Glen.

Maybe he just isn't in the mood

Quickbeam 08:20 30 Sep 10

It reminds me of the Pink Panther scene when Peter Sellers escapes from jail and exclaims 'Oh my God, the wrong man has escaped!'

carver 08:51 30 Sep 10

"David Miliband has announced he needs to "recharge his batteries" away from frontline politics and will not serve in his brother Ed's shadow cabinet."

That translates into, "I'm waiting till he screws up and I can say he did it on his own and I had nothing to do with it".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant