Darling calls for pay restraint

peter99co 21:51 22 Jun 08
  peter99co 21:53 22 Jun 08

Will he tell his fellow MP's about this and will they listen?

Earthsea 00:10 23 Jun 08

You might be right.

click here

“We are getting it in the neck from the public anyway. We might as well take the money and run,”

Sums it up, really.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:07 23 Jun 08

If I was on his salary I would be saying the same. It is slightly different for families with children, OAPs and low income groups. The man is clearly an out of touch baboon and on the same level as the half-wit MP who told everyone to cheer up last week. I am beginning to despair.

G

zzzz999 07:25 23 Jun 08

Not to worry, they will stick to 1.5% plus the suggested £40k top up (because they will be giving up their second home allowances)

DrScott 13:36 23 Jun 08

might actually be a better idea in terms of relieving inflation. Especially since the rises are unpredicted and so weren't a planned aspect of tax revenue.

This constant banging on about limiting pay rises is starting to get more than a little tiresome.

Monoux 14:28 23 Jun 08

I foresee a summer of discontent

johndrew 15:34 23 Jun 08

`I foresee a summer of discontent`

Perhaps it will be placed near the winter of discontent in the history books. However it will do little to make life any easier for anyone - especially groups without any clout. Seems to me that a Union of Pensioners or similar would be unlikely to get much support from other union groups.

peter99co 17:34 23 Jun 08

It has started

click here

peter99co 22:19 23 Jun 08

As long as they don't turn off the lights.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009