Daily Mail loses laptop

interzone55 12:07 07 Jul 08

yes, the champion of data integrity and the common man has lost a laptop crammed with employee data...

click here

spuds 12:14 07 Jul 08

I wonder if it will make front page news :O)

Do unto us as you would do to others!!.

interzone55 12:25 07 Jul 08

They claim that there's no problem because the thief will just wipe the drive & sell it on, which is a little different to their attitude regarding government laptops...

spuds 12:53 07 Jul 08

Whats the betting that the finders tries to sell the story to an arch rival. And as for wiping the drive-Here's hoping!.

mikef. 20:18 07 Jul 08

Private Eye are going to love this, I'm really looking forward to what they say :-)

citadel 22:10 07 Jul 08

in a news item today it appears 637,000 laptops a year are lost each year in usa airports.

jack 08:52 08 Jul 08

Why are organizations still allowing such data onto portable devices[ Laptops/Media Sticks/Disks]?
The works stays on the office system any any works that need to be done is done there -with if necessary a security person looking on to ensure nothing is taken off.

spuds 09:38 08 Jul 08

Perhaps people feel important walking around with all this essential information.

Think that I will go in the security business, and start selling chains and wrist locks!.

Bit like people who walk around with mobiles stuck to their ears. You have to look important to be important, especially when you are annoying everyone around you :O)

jack 11:47 08 Jul 08

That says it spuds.
Another way of describing an inferiority complex I guess- like driving around in a Merc or Beemer 'Look what I've got' [but no money in the bank and in hock beyond the limit]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…