Current Poll

Dumble452 09:52 08 Apr 05

What does upgrade mean in this context? Is it referring to hardware upgrades? I find the options shown rather strange.

Diemmess 11:13 08 Apr 05

Anyone who is forever playing with hardware upgrades might perhaps have a mental health upgrade at the same time. (Design and development boffins are excused).

To be generous, perhaps the poll refers to any interference at all with the status quo.

Charence 12:36 08 Apr 05

and chose "never" because there wasn't an option for once a year.

If it meant software upgrades, I'd probably choose once a month.

Zak 13:29 08 Apr 05

I agree the poll is not clear and the options are somewhat strange.

The way I read the poll it refers to hardware. Maybe there are users that upgrade monthly. I would have liked to have seen a 1 year option at least.

I have declined to take part in this survey because of the points raised.

An interesting poll would be how old is your PC and then ask how often do you upgrade. The options would need to be:

How old is your current PC?

Less than 6 months

Less than 1 year

2 years

3 years

4 years

5 years

6 years

How often do you upgrade the PC hardware?

More than twice a year

Twice a year

Once a year

Every two years

Every three years

Never

I making the above suggestions with good intentions and constructve comment.

sunny staines 14:13 08 Apr 05

poorly worded poll

pj123 15:00 08 Apr 05

The poll never gives enough options, so I don't bother to vote.

My computer does exactly what I want it to do at the moment, so my answer would have been "as and when I felt it was necessary" but that is not an option.

Did they mean upgrade or update? I update my protection AVG, Adaware etc all the time.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 15:36 08 Apr 05

I upgrade it every year.

I still havn't chosen, Though I assume it is reffering to Hardware.

Totally-braindead 16:02 08 Apr 05

I must admit I never even thought about software, I automatically assumed it meant hardware and voted accordingly.

Joe R 17:20 08 Apr 05

If it is a poll on hardware, then I find the options strange too.

I upgrade to a newer machine approx' every 18 months to 2 years, with my other machine " upgrading the kids ".

oresome 18:50 08 Apr 05

Does go to show that the results are governed by how you ask the question. The FE, who is normally a model of clarity, likes to keep you guessing with these little conundrums. From the frequency choice, I'd guess at software updates being included.

Indigo 1 13:36 09 Apr 05

I must admit the options didn't suit me either so I couldn't vote honestly, wheteher it was reffering to either hardware or software.

It could have been a little more clear either way and that might have got a more accurate poll.

What use are these little polls by the way ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…