The curious case of the disappearing tails.

wiz-king 09:05 21 Jan 14
Answered

Mouse tails - that is.

Are mouse leads getting shorter and why is the length not mentioned in the specifications?

I have just replaced some computers at the office, the old ones had mice with Din plugs {I don't replace them very often!} the new have USB leads. The new ones are shorter than the old ones, so I looked at mouse specs on several well known retail outlets and manufactures web sites and no-one seemed to give the lead length.

Quickbeam 11:39 21 Jan 14

I've used tailless (wireless) meeces for years now, I can't do with trailing tails getting in my way.

wiz-king 11:50 21 Jan 14

unfortunately in our office with all the computers close together we get interference if we use tailless mice. I use them at home with no problems.

Quickbeam 11:56 21 Jan 14

What about the hygiene implications of having meeces tails trailing over desks where a sandwhich may be placed...?

wiz-king 12:34 21 Jan 14

No problem - they have a red light underneath that cooks any bacteria.

Quickbeam 12:39 21 Jan 14

I never know that.

Quickbeam 12:41 21 Jan 14

There's always mice tail extensions...

carver 16:26 21 Jan 14

Being serious, it's because they have USB connections and most PC's have front USB slots so they do not have to trail all the way to the back of the pc.

Or it could be genetics and they have been inter breeding with theses enter link description here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:00 21 Jan 14

Do short tailed mice have Blueteeth?

:0)

Pine Man 19:08 21 Jan 14

Manx Mice?

bumpkin 19:15 21 Jan 14

Manx mice, yes but only 3 legs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…