The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

dagnammit 22:29 21 Feb 09

Went to see this movie the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Behind my wife and I were several old folk who nattered until the point that I had to turn round & tell them to shut the hell up!

Anyone else seen the movie?

pchelper001 22:40 21 Feb 09

but off to see it as soon as possible :) it looks really good from the trailers (and your excellent review of course!)

JYPX 22:45 21 Feb 09

dagnammit - Yes, I have seen it and enjoyed it very much. And can I also say that I value the opinion of a moviegoer like yourself, way above that of a jaded film critic such as the BBC's Mark Kermode.
click here
I go to the cinema for sheer enjoyment - why on earth would I want to sit there comparing the movie to Forest Gump?

WhiteTruckMan 06:04 22 Feb 09

is sadly a luxury that I can neither justify or afford at this moment in time.

WTM

Kevscar1 07:23 22 Feb 09

WTM
know the feeling. Got told Thursday I have Carpal Tunnel in both hands. Probably have to have 2 ops with 3 months recovery after each.
Last time I was off got told I got no benefits because I was self employed so can't afford to waste any money on none necessities

Marko797 09:01 22 Feb 09

really good film. I think I enjoyed the much acclaimed Slumdog a little bit more however.

Cymro. 09:40 22 Feb 09

"Behind my wife and I were several old folk who nattered until the point that I had to turn round & tell them to shut the hell up!"

These older folk are probably the first to criticise younger people for the way they behave. It seems some of use get even more antisocial as we get older.

Forum Editor 09:58 22 Feb 09

and came home saying it was good, but too long.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:07 22 Feb 09

The film was OK but it was not really packed with twists, turns and adventure. Whoever wrote the script needs lessons from the Matt Weiner, the scriptwriter of Mad Men click here or Aaron Sorkin, writer of The West Wing and a cursory glance at The Green Mile or The Shawshank Redemption would have given some pointers on how to build a good, interesting story...oh, and it was waaaaay too long.

G

dagnammit 11:21 22 Feb 09

Gandalf I don't think it was designed to be a thriller, ie have a twisty turny plot.

I have to agree with FE on it being a tad too long though. There wasn't much happening in the last half hour and could have been edited a bit better.

It was written by Eric Roth for the screen, adapted from a 1922 short story.

Al94 20:11 22 Feb 09

Saw it on Friday night - good film, very different but too long and not enough going on to keep my attention - looked at the watch a few times!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…