CRT v Flat Panel #2

jack 08:50 08 Nov 05

Proceeding on from TopCats earlietrthread. which I read with great interest but contributed not a jot to.
But yesterday I had an eye opener.
I have a Sony CRTflat screen 21" TV in the lounge the display is impeccable. In the den the PC has a 17" Hansol LCD the images there are prety good- especially along side the beat up 12" Indian made Dansol CRT TV. but of course none of these have been compared side by side.
As I said, yesterday I went for a mooch around BlueWater and cruised through the IT/Audio/vision dept of John Lewis.
Here was aassive display of all the screens imaginable. They are majoring on 'flatties' of course now, and as usual the huge differences that indivual screens treat or are set up to display the same image are apparent.
With out a shadow of a doubt in image quality for all the attributes CRT comes out top, LCD a not bad 2nd and Plasma lag a long way behind.,even when given due consideration to the fact that Plasma tend to be in the larger sizes and therefore coarser images.
Just an observation

amonra 15:14 08 Nov 05

Dead right mate, you cant beat a CRT for dynamic range of brightness and contrast. The only thing against them is the SIZE !

ade.h 20:52 08 Nov 05

And the image brightness - I can only look at mointors for fairly short periods, but the reduced glare of a TFT is a real boost. It easily doubles my comfortable viewing time. Try sitting 18 inches away from a TV....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…