Credit Agencies

ray7 21:54 08 Sep 08

click here click here

This is not an isolated error. It has happened on numerous occasions to my knowledge, including myself. I only discovered the error when I took advantage of Experians 'free trial' which allowed me to have the error rectified before an embarrassing situation could arise. I accept that the Agencies only act on information received when
updating their records, but in my opinion it should be made a legal requirement for Credit Agencies to inform the consumer of any detrimental
report registered on their credit file, thus giving the consumer time to have errors rectified.

interzone55 11:05 09 Sep 08

Unfortunately I think this would fall foul of the DPA.

Imagine that a credit rating agency like Experian records a black mark against you due to a couple of missed payments so they write to you to inform you of this. But in fact you've moved house. The new person in your house now has the information...

I'm afraid that the onus is down individuals to check their credit reports, and unfortunately you need to check all the companies, because amendments made to Experian's reports may not be cascaded to Equifax, as I found out last year...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…