Cowell signs up Boyle (Britain's Got Talent)

dagnammit 10:59 31 May 09

Last night's loser (2nd place) gets a record deal with Simon Cowell.

Is this him showing contempt for the public?

They voted for Diversity to win but Susan Boyle gets a contract from Simon anyway... probably worth more than the £100,000 grand that Diversity got as main prize.

click here

lotvic 11:13 31 May 09

I don't see the problem with that.
Susan Boyle will have a singing contract and can sell CD's to make Simon Cowell money.
A sound investment if marketed properly.

Diversity can't record CD's

peter99co 11:16 31 May 09

Shows he knows where the money pot is. If he didn't sign her someone else would.

Cymro. 11:21 31 May 09

Simon Cowell is a businessman and knows a good thing when he sees it. He comes over as being rather unlikable but so do many such people. I took it for granted that he would sign up any of the contestants that he thought had a future in showbusiness. That is just what the man does and very successfully at that.

WhiteTruckMan 11:24 31 May 09

John Sergeant.

WTM

Cymro. 11:26 31 May 09

So has Cowell signed up John Sergeant as well then?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:30 31 May 09

In case you are the only person in the UK who did not know, this show, the touring show and the X-Factor is owned by....Simon Cowell.
He has come up with a brilliant concept where the commercial TV companies PAY HIM to stage 13 1.5 hour advertisements to squillions of people, where he is the main beneficiary; not only that but the population also 'tells' him (and has to pay to do so)which acts are the best.....saves a fortune in marketing and testing the waters. He has first dabs on all the acts as they have to sign a contract allowing him to manage them if he wants to. It would be rather difficult for Diversity to get a record deal as their act is visual rather than vocal. However, rest assured that Cowell's management company has signed up Diversity.
Cowell is not daft when it comes to raking in the geld and puts Darling to abject shame.

G

WhiteTruckMan 11:43 31 May 09

I was referring to the difference(s) between what the judges want and what the voting public want, and that the voting public might not always be right.

WTM

kidsis 11:43 31 May 09

I hope susan boyle gets a reasonable percentage of the profits.

I don't think simon c shows contempt for the public in signing her, when you get several in the final they can't all win but at least 3 acts last night were good and I hope they get the recognition they deserve. I need entertaining!

jack 11:46 31 May 09

of show-
The BBC/Lloyd Webber find a lead for various of his productions for example the winner may get the West End part but the finalists wind up being part of the various touring versions.
What ever happened to Jessie in the Nancy search - a much more likely candidate than the finalist I thought.

Cymro. 11:58 31 May 09

Perhaps Simon Cowell could come up with a new talent show. Something along the lines of Britain's Got Politicians.

Each aspiring Politician would go on stage and put forward his ideas on running the country. We would then all phone in with our choice and the winner would become Prime Minister.

No, well perhaps not!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…