Course Advice

Rossi#1 13:38 31 Jul 06

Im 35 and long term unemployed.Since I got this computer in February Ive learned a lot from this forum and now Im thinking of putting it to good use.
The OU looks good for the long term future but in the short term would it be a good idea to do a maintenance & repair course?Im certain I could make some money in this dump of a town from that.
The problem is choosing a decent course provider because Ive heard some horror stories including one company that sent out cardboard mock ups!
Any advice would be gratefully recieved and I hope this is the right forum.

spuds 13:59 31 Jul 06

Setting up a business can be very daunting as well as rewarding if all go's well. If you are long term unemployed, then the jobcentre staff should have information available for a possible computer course. Many of these courses are grant aided, so its well worth seeking advice there. You could also try your local council or college, and see if they have provisions also.

Rossi#1 14:04 31 Jul 06

I dont intend to go into a full business just something to keep the wolves from the door while I tried an OU course.
Im not sure if the jobcentre will help me because my partner took over the claim.

packettracer 15:53 31 Jul 06

Go to your local FE College, they should be able to tell you which IT courses are free.

IT eQuals are as is CLAIT & ECDL.
Look for a course that offers a pratical contents to it ie; you get to fiddle with the pc.

If you have been off work through injury or illness then the local job centres have DEA's who could help you.

citadel 19:41 31 Jul 06

learndirect.co.uk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…