A duff link for me

wiz-king 16:12 28 Nov 09

It's not there now!

sunnystaines 16:15 28 Nov 09

link will not copy over, but its about

Pub Landlord fined £8000 over customer's illegal Wi-Fi download

bremner 16:15 28 Nov 09
  bremner 16:17 28 Nov 09

Unless this is appealed and overturned why would anyone want to offer free wi-fi.

Forum Editor 17:15 28 Nov 09

why would anyone want to offer free wi-fi."

It's not difficult to configure free WiFi services so that people can't do this, and I'm astonished to learn that it wasn't done in this instance.

jtt 12:41 30 Nov 09

"It's not difficult to configure free WiFi services so that people can't do this, and I'm astonished to learn that it wasn't done in this instance."

But would the owner of a pub be in the know?

I'd be interested in knowing how you configure this.

Chegs ®™ 17:08 02 Dec 09

Overheard when passing by McDonalds carpark "Brill,I've just used McD's free internet to get a load of MP3's..." I didnt hear the rest of his sentence,but presume that our McDonalds is not the only one used by anyone to steal copyright material.If these free WiFi access points are abused in this way,and prosecuted then the operators will simply cease offering such services rather than employ an administrator to manage the connections.

FE said "
It's not difficult to configure free WiFi services so that people can't do this..."

I too would be interested in learning howto configure an access point in such a way.I tried to setup my own routers WiFi to stop my daughter from venturing where she shouldnt,and failed as all I could get it to do was either allow or disallow her connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…