Could Gordon Brown be the next Prime Minister

jakimo 14:19 27 Mar 10

despite New Labours Topsy turvy 13 year record of unkept referendum promises,Browns half truths,and deviousness.Expenses scandals,Minister Scandals,etc.etc.

Some polls put Gordon Brown slightly in front,so is the voter going to put the Devil they know back in power,they may not like him but they would know what they would be getting.

David Cameron can talk the talk without telling us too much,so he will have to do more if he wants my vote, and is George Osborne up to the job of Chancellor?

sunnystaines 14:46 27 Mar 10

trouble is they all seem a poor bunch to choose from this time round.

certainly not brown, even worse he was talking about stepping down and handing control to ed balls as he would not run a full term if elected.

what you say about cameron/osborne seems to be my view too. cameron is too much like early new labour.

i think vince cable would make a good chancelor, but not keen on the other liberals.

i like frank field not because he is far left but seems straight and honest.

shame maggie thatcher is past it. she is still a hard act to follow.

jakimo 14:55 27 Mar 10

I know what responce this will produce but here we go,... Maggie would be the best man for the job and would have no lame ducks as a team

sunnystaines 15:21 27 Mar 10

its a shame ken clarke is too wrapped up with europe otherwise he would have made a good PM

Kevscar1 15:53 27 Mar 10

If he is could I claim refugee Status on a Caribbeen island and be legally entitled to a house.

sunnystaines 16:27 27 Mar 10

caribbean houses are like our garden sheds unless you are rich.

WhiteTruckMan 16:56 27 Mar 10

a serious number of labour politicians, ex-politicians and apparatchiks being sent to jail before I would even consider voting labour, let alone nulabour.

WTM

caccy 17:24 27 Mar 10

Jakimo
Totally agree with you.
Fed up with wishy washy politicians who keep on apologising for our history.

JYPX 18:08 27 Mar 10

Could Gordon Brown be the next Prime Minister?

Yes, I think he could if the Lib Dems agree to work with Labour. As the election nears I think we will start to see leaks of scenarios which would put Vince Cable in number 11.
Brown has made some silly mistakes in the last couple of years, but he also also had the courage to make the the most important decision of the decade, to save HBOS (and thus the whole Banking System).
Would rookie PM Cameron have moved as quickly or would we have seen troops trying to quell the panic outside every bank on the high street?
Once the campaign gets underway I have little doubt that Mandleson (and Alastair Campbell) will prove to be too clever for the Tories. Here is an idea for them. Leak to the media that the Tories have secret plans to scrap the minimum wage. The public will judge that this might just be true, when considering the (shameful IMO) opposition to it's introduction. Cameron will deny it, but not in a strident way, and the seeds of doubt will be there.

skeletal 18:11 27 Mar 10

The choice is easier than you think. Top of my list would be the troupe of baboons at Paignton zoo, but my understanding is that they are not putting themselves up for election, which is a shame.

Out of Cameron and Dear Gordon you can guarantee that, if Dear Gordon got back in everything bad about the country would get even worse. You know the list, it’s too long to reproduce here.

If Cameron gets in there is a one in a billion chance that it will get better. Like winning the lottery, if you don’t buy a ticket, you definitely won’t win; if you do buy, there is that tiny glimmer of hope.

I’m going for the glimmer of hope, but expect to be disappointed.

Skeletal

sunnystaines 19:28 27 Mar 10

one of the newspapers said recently if a monkey stood for labour in glasgow they would still win.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced