Could this be the ultimate insult?

Algerian peter ™ 22:00 PM 20 Jun 13

You are a face that is splashed world wide on tv screens.

You meet the most powerful men and women in the world.

You control billions of pounds.

And your name is "Jeffrey"

Is it time to get a new PR team? my name is...

Aitchbee 22:26 PM 20 Jun 13

... it's nothing to get worked-up about ... I'm sure we have all slipped up, likewise.

lotvic 23:01 PM 20 Jun 13

O'Buma

spuds 00:01 AM 21 Jun 13

Not an ultimate insult but a slip of the tongue, but apparently if some media are correct, it left a certain minister seething?.

spuds 00:06 AM 21 Jun 13

Perhaps a bit like Bush, when he supposedly insulted Blair on an occasion, by addressing Blair by his surname in the tone of a cowboy?.

Quickbeam 00:29 AM 21 Jun 13

Would that have been 'Howdy there Blair' then...

Dragon_Heart 01:17 AM 21 Jun 13

"Could this be the ultimate insult?"

Sorry I call all new waiters "Jeffrey"

Forum Editor 08:23 AM 21 Jun 13

It must be difficult for an American President to remember the names of every foreign politician at summit meetings.

During the 2011 Republican presidential campaign Mitt Romney (he of a thousand gaffes) took part in a presidential debate. Introducing himself, the CNN presenter said "I'm Wolf Blitzer and yes, that's my real name."

Mitt Romney replied "I'm Mitt Romney—and yes Wolf, that's also my first name." Apparently forgetting that his first name is actually Willard - Mitt is his second name.

john bunyan 09:28 AM 21 Jun 13

It could have been worse - if he had been addressed as "Ozzy"...

Quickbeam 10:16 AM 21 Jun 13

Ozzy has the same problem...

Mr Mistoffelees 10:32 AM 21 Jun 13

I beats me why the media gets so worked-up over a minor slip of the tongue. I'm sure they assume most of their audience has an IQ of less than 12.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay