Cough Cough Cough.

Blackhat 17:31 22 Dec 10

Is everyone coughing?

Walking up and down my local High Street today I was constantly hearing coughing, same in the pub the weekend, most of my staff had it last week and I have had it for 5 days now. Nothing seems to alleviate it. I cannot remember a time when so many people were coughing. It’s not even a cold or flu, no runny nose, no sore throat or shivers. Anyone else got it or is that a silly question?

Cymro. 17:38 22 Dec 10

There is a history of chest problems in my family. Both my mother and my sister died from lung disease. Whenever I had a head cold it would always develop in to bronchitis. Eventually I managed to give up smoking and have not coughed since. Giving up smoking was one of the most difficult things I ever did but also one of the few sensible things.

Brumas 17:49 22 Dec 10

I too have a slight cough, don’t know where it came from but wish it would let go!
Talking of giving up the weed (I gave up in 1974) reminds me of a joke.
Two brothers, one smoked the other took snuff. They were always having a go at each other to give up the filthy habit.
One day the snuff taker told his brother “If God had meant you to smoke he would have put a chimney on your head”

The smoker replied “If God had meant you to take snuff he would have put your nose on upside down” boom boom! ;o}

uk-wizard 17:53 22 Dec 10

Runny nose for 1day, followed by wheeze cough for a couple of days - so far.

carver 18:08 22 Dec 10

Don't knock a good cough, it's natures way of telling you that you are still alive.

Mark5001 19:08 22 Dec 10

Cough, then chest infection, two week course of antibiotics, then lost my voice for a week (other half loved that bit) now got an annoying cough again.

Blackhat 04:26 23 Dec 10

3rd time this week this cough has got me up at this hour, anyone know a good remedy?

carver 06:55 23 Dec 10

If you do find one let me know, it's getting to be expensive with the amount of tissues we are going through.

BT 08:28 23 Dec 10

I know we aren't allowed to offer medical advice but its fairly well known that Codeine can help surpress a cough. Over the counter - Paracetamol & Codeine otherwise CoCodamol has a lowish level, 8mg, of codeine. Higher doses up to 30mg from your GP.
Some pharmacists will have Codeine linctus available without prescription.

exdragon 14:32 23 Dec 10

I asked a pharmacist yesterday what he'd recommend from Pholocdine linctus, Codeine linctus and Benylin for tickly coughs. He said Pholcodine would probably clear it within 4 to 5 days, and I must admit, it seems a bit better today. An added advantage is that it tastes quite nice!

ams4127 20:02 23 Dec 10

I've had a cough for the last ten days. I've tried every type of remedy under the sun (snow?) and just can't shift it. Still, off work now until Jan 4th so will try some medicinal spirits which may not cure things but I just won't care so much!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…