Costa Concordia

Al94 11 Nov 12

For anyone who might have an interest in the ongoimg project to remove the wreck, a website is now live which details the progress.

http://www.theparbucklingproject.com/

Quickbeam 04 Jan 13

That'll be Barnacle Bill WTM, a wonderfully cheap Ealing comedy at it's best.

Well almost best, Kind Hearts and Coronets was his best Ealing comedy by far.

WhiteTruckMan 04 Jan 13

Thanks Quickbeam

That's the chap allright! A memory from the past when comedy didn't have to be loud, colourful, in your face, alternative, cruel, obscene or american to be funny.

(Grumpy? Who? Me?)

WTM

Quickbeam 04 Jan 13

That's quite true, but I doubt that today's young 'uns would see anything remotely funny in those tacky cheaply made film check out this clip when you have time KH&C clip, you'll never find a worse ship disaster scene anywhere!

Alec must have liked the name Horatio as he played a Navy officer of that name in both films as well as multiple parts. That was another of Ealings ways of getting their money's worth out of their stars.

Al94 07 Feb 13

Link to reasonable description of the project click here

Woolwell 07 Feb 13

Quickbeam - I've only just seen the clip. The ship collision is based on a real-life incident wiki HMS Victoria

Al94 03 Apr 13

A recent video has been posted detailing the current phase of the project

http://www.theparbucklingproject.com/

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message