Costa Concordia

Al94 20:48 PM 11 Nov 12

For anyone who might have an interest in the ongoimg project to remove the wreck, a website is now live which details the progress.

Quickbeam 08:43 AM 04 Jan 13

That'll be Barnacle Bill WTM, a wonderfully cheap Ealing comedy at it's best.

Well almost best, Kind Hearts and Coronets was his best Ealing comedy by far.

WhiteTruckMan 11:15 AM 04 Jan 13

Thanks Quickbeam

That's the chap allright! A memory from the past when comedy didn't have to be loud, colourful, in your face, alternative, cruel, obscene or american to be funny.

(Grumpy? Who? Me?)

Quickbeam 12:19 PM 04 Jan 13

That's quite true, but I doubt that today's young 'uns would see anything remotely funny in those tacky cheaply made film check out this clip when you have time KH&C clip, you'll never find a worse ship disaster scene anywhere!

Alec must have liked the name Horatio as he played a Navy officer of that name in both films as well as multiple parts. That was another of Ealings ways of getting their money's worth out of their stars.

Al94 13:39 PM 07 Feb 13

Link to reasonable description of the project click here

Woolwell 14:52 PM 07 Feb 13

Quickbeam - I've only just seen the clip. The ship collision is based on a real-life incident wiki HMS Victoria

Al94 12:00 PM 03 Apr 13

A recent video has been posted detailing the current phase of the project

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…