Costa Concordia

Al94 13 Jun 12

If anyone is interested in the preliminary Italian coastguard report into the Concordia incident, it's available here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3544291/Ital...0Concordia.pdf Makes interesting reading.

Al94 13 Jun 12

Sorry, link works for me but not when posted here?

Aitchbee 13 Jun 12

Al94, please permit me to try this link from The LA Times:-

http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-giglio-20120610,0,5945112.story

Thanks.

Al94 13 Jun 12
  wee eddie 13 Jun 12

I draw your attention to 'Page 24'

Either the photo is wrong, or the information that the Investigators have been given is incorrect!

Aitchbee 13 Jun 12

wee eddie - my attention has been drawn to page 24....Is it a 'spot the difference' competition?

interzone55 14 Jun 12

Who compiled this report?

Distances are given in miles, but depths in metres...

spuds 14 Jun 12

There's already been at least one television documentary on this disaster. I wonder what information was gained from those documentaries, and might have been used in this or other similar investigation reports?.

Al94 14 Jun 12

Distances are given in miles, but depths in metres...

Nautical miles is the standard measurement of distance at sea.

Quickbeam 14 Jun 12

Depths were in fathoms when Capt. Nemo was around...

Aitchbee 14 Jun 12

...a league was also a measure of depth/distance as in 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message