Corporate Structures? Help!

Mike D 11:40 17 Mar 10

I am currently helping a medical practice to submit a contract tender for a new NHS contract. In at least three separate parts of the submission we stated that this is an owner managed practice, it is a sole trader business, there are no other agreementors (typical NHS mangling of english). The contract awarders have now come back stating that we must supply a Corporate Structure diagram in addition to the Management Structure diagram which they have seen and accepted.

I have pointed out that a sole trader is not a body corporate and thus (in my opinion) cannot have a corporate structure, but the people reading the bids seem to have little business knowledge. Can anybody shed any light on this and maybe show me the error of my ways?

Forum Editor 12:52 17 Mar 10

Draw up a corporate structure showing the sole trader as owner and manager of the business. The people who evaluate these tenders work to a strict code - there's little flexibility because they have to ensure that as far as possible everyone is being evaluated using the same criteria.

If they want paper, give them some, don't try to reason with them.

Mike D 13:19 17 Mar 10

Thanks for the support. That's pretty much what we have done.
How much money is being spent on these "games" instead of front-line services I wonder. Not so many years ago I was a BT sales rep and I was responsible for the telcoms requirements for a new hospital. The hospital management team was one Hopspital Secretary and a couple of admin assitants/typists. Now the same hospital has a entire building given over to the management team. That's progress I suppose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…