Cornwall Council spending spree

TopCat® 19:29 21 Apr 10

Last year our local councils merged into a single unitary authority and when the dust had settled we learned that there was a combined debt of around £15 million, which caused some raised eyebrows and heated comments from the local public.

Now we find that this same council has shockingly spent £11.373 million just on consultants, since April of last year.

It just goes to show how inept some of these councillors are these days and this includes some of the top people employed. I now await sombre news that the cost of all services will have to rise considerably for all businesses and, of course, the ratepayers too. TC.

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:41 21 Apr 10

Of course it would be naive of me to suggest that it might possibly be better and cheaper if they employed people that were capable of doing the jobs to which they have been allocated.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:42 21 Apr 10

Of course it would be naive of me to suggest that it might possibly be better and cheaper if they employed people who were capable of doing the jobs to which they have been allocated.

G

peter99co 19:46 21 Apr 10

Use your vote wisely to show how you feel.

I notice the adverts that appear on the link

HR Consultants
Find 10,000 New Positions per Month Search Jobs Paying Over £75K

Good job if you can get it.

spuds 20:09 21 Apr 10

Cornwall are not alone, our council seems to run on similar lines, and I would hazard a guess that many others follow the same example.

Try asking your elected 'working for you' councillor about these issue, and see what response you will get.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac