Copper Vase Old Game? (Semper Eadem )

Ex plorer 15:52 21 Nov 07

Hi I have just tided out a cupboard and found this item which I bought over 40years ago, its never been cleaned or likely to be as it will go back where I found it, its a vase shape stands 10inches tall is of light tarnish copper color.
The base is hollow and looks like pewter and there is a piece of glass inset and three dice behind it.
There are also 8 penney's set into the vase dated 1806 with the head of George 111 facing out, britannica is upside down on the reverse of the penny.
Also the inscription
(Semper Eadem) which I googled and means always the same.
There is a shield with a stags head above it on a plaque, within the shield are best described as half moons upside down.
Anybody any Ideas on this was it a game of some kind.

birdface 16:53 21 Nov 07

Well I can't find out anything to do with your ornament[game,]But I did pick this out about Semper Eadem,And where else but from. click here I beleive it is also on the coat of arms with Leicester county council .But so far can't find anything else about it.

birdface 17:03 21 Nov 07

I dont suppose it has the makers name stamped on the bottom or sides.

Ex plorer 17:54 23 Nov 07

Hi Buteman thanks for the interest, under closer inspection with a magnifying glass it has two 1807 pennies and 6 1806s they are very worn.
its got a hammered effect and at my best guess its copper that has been tined inside and out and its the tinning that's waring off giving it the copper tinge
I am wondering if it was used as a drinking vessel as
it holds nearly a pint.
I am reluctant to cleaning it as the black copper tinning are rather attractive.
I cant find any other markings.
You have given me an idea now to try and locate the coat of arms.

Brumas 21:12 23 Nov 07

I am intrigued by this but I have no solution - I would like, if possible to see some pictures of it though.

Ex plorer 15:16 24 Nov 07

Hi Brumas OK I will see what I can do, my son has a digital camera and I am sure he will help me sort some thing out, it may be next weekend before I see him again.
I am still in 35mm, I live out in the sticks so I cant do things very fast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos