copenhagen summit

sunnystaines 20:33 18 Dec 09

I think its all hype gone out of control. I am of the opinion the earth goes through hot and cold stages over 1000's of years and records are wrong because they have not run long enough.

also worried about brown wasting billions that we cannot afford [in too much debt already without this], much of which will go into the pockets of corrupt leaders in some 3rd world states.

whats your views

bremner 20:49 18 Dec 09

I agree with what you have said.

However we are polluting the planet and irrespective of whether or not it is contributing to global warming we must do something to reduce it.

Snec 20:50 18 Dec 09

I agree with you. If Brown and Blair had spent as much time on getting industry working again in the UK as they have spent faffing about being 'World Leaders' we would not be in the mess we are now.

The amount of CO2 created by man is such a small amount that whatever actions are taken to reduce it would not make any difference in any case.

And do they really believe in it themselves anyway? If I believed in it Wild Horses would not get me on a plane. We're being conned again.

canarieslover 20:51 18 Dec 09

In the 1970's there was research that indicated that we could be going into another ice age. Now scientists are declaring that the research done then was faulty and that we are now suffering global warming. Obvious conclusion is that modern scientists are blessed with greater accuracy, despite indications that they have 'massaged' data, than their counterparts of thirty years ago. To me it appears that these scientists are doing what all scientists are good at, justifying their funding. To see the contradictary research published on the effects of various foods and drinks must surely indicate that scientific findings should be taken with a large pinch of salt, unless they can get funding to prove otherwise.

Snec 20:57 18 Dec 09

Phillip Scott, Emeritus Professor of Biogeography says Climate change is too complicated to be caused by just one factor.

Man-made carbon dioxide emissions constitute less than 0.00022 percent of the total naturally emitted from the earth's mantle.

Terry Brown 20:59 18 Dec 09

It is a sad fact that in the past, the world population has been controlled by Decease, Famime and war as well as natural disaster.

We are at a stage now that we consume faster than nature (even with our help) can create.

The only long term solution is to restrict the population of the world, the resourses we all use, and try to live a more 'Natural' life (working with nature, not against it.)

I try to do my small bit, but it needs global (that means everyone), to live within the planets means.

Are we at the point of No Return?-- I hope not, but if we carry on with the 'Me First' culture, the human population will not survive!!.
Terry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:05 18 Dec 09

Forget global warming -
although no one can deny the climate has changed a lot in the last 20 years (we don't have the winters or summers we used to).

We need to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels, they won't last much longer.

peter99co 21:09 18 Dec 09

There are always survivors. How many?

The population of the earth has plummeted before.

It may not be very nice to contemplate but it will concentrate minds in due course.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:16 18 Dec 09

Volcanic Hotspot

Climate change

Tsunami caused by giant landslips at / under sea

Giant Meteor

Alien Invaders

Grey Goo 22:25 18 Dec 09

Apathy.

peter99co 22:25 18 Dec 09

Correct!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac