control your own gas and electric bills

bill541 10:23 14 Dec 10

How keep track of your monthly gas and electric usage
and to be able to understand all the different tariffs and rates.

I have compiled a small program that will help you through all the confusing prices and tariffs offered.

The free download website through Google is click here

What this program will ask you to do is enter details from your last bill, the prices, rates, payments discounts and meter readings, once you have done this you will be able to see what your monthly use and cost is by entering your own meter reading each month.

The first month may not be correct because it may include more than one month calculation, but once you start entering your future months this will be corrected.

Just one or two points to take into account.
Your calorific value for gas can change over the year this is shown on your bill either in metric or cubic feet, make sure this is correct according to the meter you have, if you are being charged for the wrong meter you could be paying almost 3 times to much for your gas.

Once you are set up and running you will easily be able to check your prices against other suppliers, but this explained in the download.

You will be able to see what a unit and a kilowatt of Gas is costing you and what a kilowatt of Electric is costing you also, how many you have used each month and the cost.

Are you aware that Gas per kilowatt is approximately a third of the price of Electric.

If possible print out the instructions that comes with the download as much more information is available there.

Something to bear in mind, I know I am above an average user but based on what I have used in the past 8 month I expect my bill to be almost as much again for the next 4 months.

This free website through Google is click here offers a way to help those that have great difficulty in understanding their Electric and Gas bill.

I put this program together about 3 years ago as a challenge, I wanted a way of being able compile most companies different rates and costs and record them on a month by month basis, so that the user as control of their own account. That's it briefly, more detail is available on
The free website through Google click here
Bill541

peter99co 14:09 14 Dec 10

Your calorific value for gas can change over the year this is shown on your bill either in metric or cubic feet, make sure this is correct according to the meter you have, if you are being charged for the wrong meter you could be paying almost 3 times to much for your gas.

How do I do this!

Is there some information on the meter?
How does the supplier know my meter info/type especially if I switch suppliers?

bill541 18:58 14 Dec 10

reply to
peter99co
The type of gas meter you have is marked on your meter (c/metres) or (c/feet) make sure this matches your bill.A cubic metre =approx 11.5 k/watts per unit and a cubic foot =approx 32 k/watts per unit. Any Calorific value changes will only show on your charged kilowatts used,you will not know till you get the bill, these charges do not amount to very much.
Hope this answers your question.
bill541
By the way I am new to this forum and are not sure whether I have replied in the proper way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…