Congratulations Symantec

v1asco 21:42 03 Mar 05

Had trouble re-installing Internet security after XP re-installation. So I emailed Symantec late evening. Within 12 hours a very detailed email was recieved explaining clearly what to do.
All went well.
Now 2 days later I have received another email asking if all was well and could they help more.

Thats service I think.

JonnyTub 22:33 03 Mar 05

It's great marketing, although i have no gripe with symantec, the second email was probably automatically generated. Hats off to them for the first email which helped you solve the problem in the first place, that part of it is great service.

hats off too them too :0)

LastChip 10:21 04 Mar 05

But the question has to be asked, should you have suffered the problem in the fist place?

sattman 10:47 04 Mar 05

As irritating, annoying and frustrating as it may be, it has to be accepted that for any of us using and installing software that there can never ever be a one fix suits all. The combinations of software, hardware variations make it impossible for any software producer to ensure 100% compliance 100% of the time. Having said that end users should be confident that adequate beta testing has taken place on the software that they are about to install.

v1asco 11:05 04 Mar 05

It was really my fault I feel. I do not and cannot expect any software to work perfectly when I am cutting bits off it, as I suppose I did with the re-install. Perhaps there is somewhere a note from Nortons saying it is best to remove and then replace after a XP is re-installed which I may have missed.

Having an efficient advice line available makes up for any snags encountered.Sattman is right about the one fix for all being impossible.

This post is not intended to start a Symantec Bashing Session, I was just trying to give positive feedback, which may help others decide if they want a product, rather than negative feedback.

And I do not sell any of the stuff or have shares in symantec or anything else.

LastChip 12:52 04 Mar 05

but Symantec do seem to have more than their fair share of problems with installation related issues, as a search on PCA will reveal.

As regards a "Symantec Bashing Session", that was not my intention either, purely an observation. After all, this is Speakers Corner!

If it was self inflicted, all credit to them.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 16:33 04 Mar 05

I don't really like symantec as i try alternative ant-virus software and it finds 20 things norton doesn't!

but shouldn't this be in consumer watch?

v1asco 19:58 04 Mar 05

Yes or maybe No if I can quote Lastchip

"As regards a "Symantec Bashing Session", that was not my intention either, purely an observation. After all, this is Speakers Corner!"

Still, its getting ticked now. Thanks all for your input

Taffy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now