Computers and hair loss?

Mysticnas 00:25 23 Dec 04

Hi all,

Firstly, Happy Christmas to those that celebrate it and best wishes for the new year to you all!

Just wondering about this hair loss thing. My eldest brother and i use our computers more than anyone in our family. We both work in IT/development.

We're also the only ones in the family loosing our hair! I'm almost 25 and i've almost lost it all around the front!

Is there a link between the two?

Is there anyone here who uses computers a lot and noticed any hair loss?

I have a dual monitor setup, and i've lost more than my brother has, he's 35 and i'm almost 25.

No-one else in our family has hair loss (inc indirect family).

smokingbeagle 01:06 23 Dec 04

I've noticed hair loss too. Is it because I spend too much time in front of the monitor? I've also noticed hair growth on my toes. Is it to do with my feet being too close to the base unit?

(;-<)

Dan the Confused 01:12 23 Dec 04

May be a problem with your thyroid glands.

Mysticnas 01:15 23 Dec 04

sweat quite easily....

But i don't know if that's just me not liking to sweat when i don't intend to sweat. I'm fussy like that. Unless i'm doing something physical like sports etc i don't like sweating! i hate it, even the odd bead of sweat renders me into a raving frenzy about how i hate it.

Strange... My doc said it's just due to stress and possibility of monitor radiation, but it's not proven.

Starfox 05:08 23 Dec 04

Is due to tearing it out with my bare hands,caused by frustration with this damn computer thingy I have been trying to understand for the last 21 years. :o)

Dorsai 05:50 23 Dec 04

All my hair present and correct.

An Ex GF's brother was as bald as a coot by the time he was 23, and his dad had a full head of hair, at 50.

Perhaps you need to get a second opinion from a different GP. click here
an overactive thyroid gland can cause hair loss and excessive sweating.

Forum Editor 07:13 23 Dec 04

so don't worry. Some of the hairiest people I know spend hours sitting in front of monitors on a daily basis.

spikeychris 08:59 23 Dec 04

Tell me a time when you ever expect this statement.

"Some of the hairiest people I know spend hours sitting in front of monitors on a daily basis."

:)

Mysticnas 10:55 23 Dec 04

heheheheeheee

Belatucadrus 11:52 23 Dec 04

click here also protects from Bill Gates evil baldness rays :)

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:27 24 Dec 04

Hair loss is due to women nothing else and thats final

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…