Computer history!

peter99co 19:18 26 Sep 10

click here

It was a noisy, confusing and funny simulation and, once everyone knew what they were doing, managed to reach a maximum clock speed of about one instruction per minute.

Micro Live focussed on computing issues with the BBC Micro, Spectrum, Olivetti and other machines. An episode from 17th October 1986.

Paddylad 20:53 26 Sep 10

Interesting.
If you are interested in the History of Computing then type those 3 words int Google.

Chris the Ancient 09:37 27 Sep 10

Writing in Acorn BASIC makes me think of my one attempt at writing a simple (?) text only adventure game trying to burgle a house, and escape. All done on the good old Acorn Electron.

How many guesses do you need to know if I managed it?

Armchair 09:55 27 Sep 10

without a doubt. So many different formats available. I remember going to Farnons department store in Newcastle, in January '84, to buy my first computer. They had a dozen or so different micros. set up with games running on them. A magnificent sight! Nearly bought a CGL M5, which was running a nigh on arcade perfect version of Pooyan, but I'm glad I opted for a Spectrum. Halcyon days, indeed.

Memory Lane strikes again.............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…