Compulsory Broadband ?

mattij70 02:33 27 Jun 05

I live on a fairly new housing estate (4 years old).

Only BT provide a line to my house (no cable).

I currently have dial-up access via NTL which I have to say has been excellent. I want their Broadband deal tied in with my telephone usage (£25.99 deal).

NTL advise I can't have Broadband because the line quality wouldn't be good enough as I am too far from my Broadband enabled exchange. I have checked with BT and they advise my line could cope with 512k and 1mb line. NTL advise that the problems lies with BT and that I should speak to them. I have tried alternative broadband companies but they advise I can't have broadband but BT still advise I can. Considering they install the line to my house I am inclined to believe BT but I don't want to be forced into having Broadband from BT as they don't offer the best deal for me.

HELP

Forum Editor 13:10 27 Jun 05

that you have little choice here. BT are the only company offering you a broadband service, and as they are the owners of the network I would be inclined to believe them, as you say.

If NTL can't offer you a service that's that - you have two choices:

1. Stay with NTL dial-up

2. Go with BT broadband

I know what I would do.

spuds 17:00 27 Jun 05

Run an exchange test click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…