A complaint too far?

Phate 09:02 24 Sep 05
  Pooke 09:37 24 Sep 05

the guy gets 10 out of 10.

A superb letter to reference when complaining. lol.

sattman 10:21 24 Sep 05

This is so old it has now become boring.

Forum Editor 12:48 24 Sep 05

and is a prime example of a tasteless, offensive, and utterly juvenile attitude to a problem - if indeed it was ever a real letter in the first place. A complaint too far indeed. Most companies would be happy to be shot of people like that.

It's also as old as the hills.

wolfie3000 18:54 24 Sep 05

funny but not real i saw this years back its been doing the rounds in forums for ages and if anyone did write a letter like this then they are morons as swearing gets no one no where still funny all the same :-)

Mr Mistoffelees 19:41 24 Sep 05

I hope I never have the misfortune to meet the perpetrator.

josie mayhem 21:30 24 Sep 05

How many times when you've been totally fed up and appalled by disgraceful service, have you wished you could tap out a letter like that...

Before you slap my wriest F.E, I know its juvinile, but you must admit sometimes the service we've recieved really makes you feel like stampping your feet, jumping up and down and throwing a right old bennie.

Forum Editor 22:44 24 Sep 05

Absolutely - but once you descend into the kind of language exhibited in the 'letter' contained in the link you've lost your high ground. People concentrate more on what an exhibition you're making of yourself, and less on the point you think you're making.

The best complaints are always those which are expressed in a firm yet polite way - ranters and ravers have so obviously lost the plot.

josie mayhem 23:39 24 Sep 05

I know what you mean, but sometimes....

I wish that if you are polite about your complaint that you will be listened to and the matter in hand will be resolved quickly. But sadly in many respects when some-one loses the 'plot' it not surprising.

Forum Editor 11:57 25 Sep 05

You're right - sometimes it's hard to keep cool when the other person seems to go out of his/her way to antagonise or provoke you, but it can pay dividends. I spend a fair bit of my professional life with clients of mine who are lawyers, and I listen to the way they argue. They have practised the knack of never seeming to lose their temper in a discussion, although I'm sure that privately they must seethe, just like the rest of us.

Sometimes when I do something a forum member doesn't like I get a reaction; it may be in open forum, but often it's by email. I notice how some people can't resist the temptation to try and provoke me - usually with a spiteful remark about my editorial manner or about my ego etc. It's often done out of frustration - they feel that they have no way of hitting back, so out comes the offensive remark. If you can resist the obvious urge to retaliate you gain ground - their comment has fallen into a vacuum, so to speak, and what agressive people need is a reaction, if they don't get one they're left floundering in their own angst.

stalion 13:35 25 Sep 05

let other people deal with their own anger do not take it on board.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…